Movie Review: I Am Legend.  

Posted by: Rowena in , , ,


Starring: Will Smith
Rating: PG-13, for intense sequences for Sci Fi action and violence.
My Grade: B+

From Yahoo Movies!:

Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable...and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City...and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by "the Infected"--victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville's every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.

Alright, I know that Ames already reviewed this movie but I had to watch it too, even though I said I wasn't because I was a big scaredy cat but I was mighty intrigued by the reveiws I read by Ames and Daphne.

I thought I was going to be scared out of my wits and I was but not enough that I wouldn't want to see this movie again. In the comfort of my home or in the movie theaters again, doesn't matter, I really enjoyed this movie.

Man but this was a good movie. I thought Will Smith did a fantastic job as Dr. Robert Neville. My heart went out to him throughout the entire movie. From the beginning when he's getting his family out of New York City to safety and then coming back home, alone but with Sam for protection from his daughter. When he watches his family go up in flames over the water, I felt his grief and then later, I felt his drive to succeed in finding the cure for the mutants. Everything he went through to stay alive and to keep his sanity, after having been the only person in all of New York City for three long years truly amazed me.

From Fred to Hank and the new girl in the video store, whom he promised he would say hello to her tomorrow and then when he went back after he "killed" Frank to keep his promise to say hello to her and when he was crying because he wanted her to say hello to him back and just after the whole thing with Sam, my heart totally went out to him. I cried a lot during this movie and I just thought the whole thing was pretty genius. It was a fanfrickin'tastic movie, I hecka enjoyed it and would recommend this movie to anyone who wants a few hours of great entertainment.

Will Smith was great in this movie and I will definitely own this movie when it comes out on DVD.

Seriously.

This entry was posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

This is what I call a movie review. I've forgotten how to do them. LOL

I'm glad you liked it. I'd definitely go see it again-even though it scared me.

But you know what? I wish they had explored the things' "smarts" - I mean, it set a trap for him! And knocked down all the lights.

Ames,

Me too, girl! I mean, seriously...I thought I was going to be one big ol' chicken scared to see the movie but I'm really glad that I watched it because it was oh so good!

And you're right, I wanted to know how the heck they got the smarts to trap him the way that they did, and I wanted to know more about the "leader" of the things because it would have added more depth to the movie. I wanted to know if he blamed Robert for the way that he turned out, did the woman that Robert capture to do his tests on, was that HIS woman and all that kind of stuff..it would have been nice to see all of that but I still enjoyed the movie a great deal.

So, I just commented on Ames' review as well but I didn't really like I Am Legend.

Maybe it's because I'm already a Resident Evil fan and I think that the RE trilogy did the zombie/infection thing waaaaaaaaay better.

I do love me some Will Smith. And Sam awwww I love movies with dogs. But still it just didn't do it for me.

Hey Mollie, I saw your comment. And you're a hater!! LOL Just kidding. I'm actually really hyped up about it because its out today on DVD.

And I've never seen the Resident Evil movies...so who knows? LOL But I do know if you like RE that much, I'm definitely going to have to check them out. Right?

I think RE are more action based than IaL was. I think IaL is a little more "serious" but I really liked the RE.

Although I still haven't seen the most recent...maybe I'll hate it but I doubt it.

That reminds me..I'll go put it on reserve at the library. But I just remember thinking that I'd rather have seen RE 3 than IaL.

But I did want to like it...I like the Fresh Prince but I was fresh out of this movie. Clearly you're right; I'm a hater. Sigh.

Post a Comment