Movie Review: Stay Alive  

Posted by: Rowena in , , ,


Starring: Sophia Bush, Jon Foster, Samaire Armstrong, Frankie Munez, Adam Goldberg.
Rating: PG-13, for horror violence, disturbing images, language, brief sexual and drug content.
My Grade: B

From Yahoo! Movies:

After the mysterious brutal death of an old friend, a group of teenagers find themselves in possession of "Stay Alive," a next generation horror survival videogame based on the true story of a 17th-century noblewoman known as "The Blood Countess." The gamers don't know anything about the game other than the fact that they're not supposed to have it--and they're dying to play it. Not able to resist temptation, the group begins to play the grisly game and soon a chilling connection is made--they are each being murdered one-by-one in the same method as the character they played in the game. As the line between the game world and the real world disappears, the group must find a way to defeat the vicious and merciless Blood Countess, all the while trying to stay alive.

I watched this movie this passed weekend and I've got to say that I rather enjoyed the I thought it was going to be really scary flick. I was thrown right into the movie right from the very beginning, even when I was reeling from the death of our beloved, Milo V who played Loomis and the way he died and then just ..everything.

The plot was pretty cool, I mean I haven't seen anything like this movie and it was pretty hot dang interesting to see the kids dying, the way they were dying and seeing the kids figure out and beat the bad guy. I entertained me long enough that I overlooked Sophia Bush's hideous hair and how much I get annoyed when Anna from The O.C. comes onto the screen. I still get annoyed with her but in this movie, I was too into the movie to care.

Would I recommend that you guys rush out and buy this movie? Not really but it's not a bad movie. I think you've got to be in the mood to watch this teeny bopperish horror movie. I laughed at how silly some of the acting was and I rolled my eyes at some of the scenes but overall, it's an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours if you like this kind of stuff.

It's better than most of the horror movies that I've seen so it's a little above average because I have a feeling that every time this movie comes on HBO, I'll be stopping and watching it, so for that alone, I can't give it a C, because I liked it more than that.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

I was afraid to watch it because I didn't want to screw up my Brooke perception of Sophia Bush. Did it do that to you at all?

I only hated her hair and well...her character on this movie kinda pissed me off but I got over it, just like I got over being mad at Brooke for being the bitch we all knew and still loved anyway...haha.

Post a Comment