Movie Review: Kick Ass.  

Posted by: Rowena in , ,


Starring: Aaron Johnson, Clark Duke, Evan Peters, Lyndsy Fonsesca, Christopher Mintz Plasse, Chloe Moretz, Nicholas Cage.
Rating: R, for strong violence, pervasive language, sexual contact, nudity and all of that.
Grade: A

Dave Lizewski, a comic-book fanboy, decides to take his obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name -- Kick-Ass -- assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There's only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers. His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, is hunted by assorted violent and unpleasant characters, and meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes, including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl and her father, Big Daddy.
Last night, Chelsea and I were the only ones home so we opted to go and see Kick Ass. The last movie that just me and Chelsea went to see was The Hangover so we wanted to see another movie that was sure to keep us in fits of laughter so we chose this movie.

We were not disappointed because this movie had us laughing from the beginning to the end. I'll be honest and tell you guys that I went into this movie thinking it was going to be one of those stupid movies but this movie actually had a plot that I could get behind. It reminded me of a lighter version of Ninja Assassin.

I gotta say that as much as I adored Kick Ass, for me, it was totally about Hit Girl. She was the bomb! Totally awesome and even though she had the worst potty mouth for someone her age, I still adored her. It was good to see Auggie again (from Role Models), I've missed him and his whipering eye whispering self, haha.

This movie is not suitable for young viewers but for us adults, it's great entertainment. I totally recommend this movie if you're in the mood for something kick ass and totally funny.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 17, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

I'll wait for it to come on TMN.

Post a Comment