NBC: Clash of the Choirs.  

Posted by: Rowena in


So this week, NBC had a battle of the choirs from different cities across the United States with a celebrity choir director. They were competing to win a big prize for their selected charity from the city in which the choir was from.

There were four choirs headed by top celebrities in the music business.

First up is Team Labelle. Patti Labelle led a fantastic choir that sang songs from The Whole World in His Hands to Queen's We Are the Champions and they rocked out each and every time their choir took the stage, I seriously thought they were the choir to beat but as good as they were, they weren't my favorite choir. They were missing....something to make me a complete fan of their choir. I'm not even sure what it is. My favorite performance by these guys was when they performed I'll Stand By You. I thought home girl that sang that song did a fantastic job and she tore that stage up. It was really cute to watch these guys dreams come true by singing with Patti Labelle and doing big thangs on the stage, performing in front of all of those people. It was a good thing. I loved it!

Next up is Team Lachey. This was my favorite choir because watching Nick up there while he led the choir, dancing a long while he sang and just had the time of his life was such fun to watch. They sang some really out there songs, songs that I was surprised to see being sung because it was just...weird but they put it down and I was hella loving me some Team Lachey. My favorite performance by them would have to have been, hmmm, this is hard because they sang a lot of great songs but if I had to choose one, it'd be...Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, no it's gotta be The Flight of the Bumble Bee, they rocked that song out. Hmm, yeah that was one of my favorites but I hecka loved when they sang Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks, oh wait, no I loved when they sang Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas is You, dang I'm telling you this is why they were my favorite, I loved a lot of their performances. I loved the father/daughter duo that was in this choir, they were so cute! I even liked Nick's song that they all sang together...I'm telling you, this was my favorite choir!

Another celebrity choir was Team Shelton. Blake Shelton is the bomb! His choir was my second favorite choir and it was mostly because they were such a fun choir. They had so much energy and their performances were fun to watch. They had the best dancers on this choir too, no joke! My favorite performance by this choir was the Life is a Highway song, they did such a great job with that song and they kept the energy up and their harmonies were on point so it was just a really good performance all around, I was a fan of their choir for real!

And yet another celebrity choir was found in Team Rowland. Man, this choir was another great choir, I mean, vocal wise, they were fantastic and just a really great choir! I loved the personal stories of the different choir members, especially Spencer...his story touched my heart and when they flew his Father out to see their performance tonight, I was all teary eyed and then they started signing for the Dad since he's deaf and their song, One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey...yeah it totally got me, I was hecka loving it and I wish they had it up on youtube, otherwise I'd share it with you guys but since they don't, you're just gonna have to take my word for it, the song was sensational and the choir was out of this world!

The last choir that competed for a prize for their charities for their city was, Team Bolton. This choir was another outstanding choir, one with fantastic vocals and their whole performances were just fabulous! My favorite performance by these guys was when they sang, Living on a Prayer...their lead singer was the bomb! That was my absolute favorite performance by these guys and they had a lot of great performances. They were eliminated second and I felt bad but they did a great job!

It came down to Team Labelle and Team Lachey. Was the diva going to win or the pretty boy? Man was I over the moon when my favorite choir won...when Team Lachey won, I literally jumped up from my seat and was cheering them on because I got all teary eyed when Nick got all choked up trying to tell us how much he admired and loved his choir, I loved his choir all the more when Nick said that if they won the competition that they were going to be singing back up for him on a song on his next album, I didn't know that he was going to make a new album (or maybe if he SHOULD make a new album) but hey, whatever rocks your socks, Nick...handle that scandal and help make some dreams come true, it was the bomb!

I really enjoyed this show and was so glad that I watched it...I love this kind of stuff!

YAY TEAM LACHEY!

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment