Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince  

Posted by: Isabel in , ,

Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Harry finds himself more and more drawn to Ginny, but so is Dean Thomas. And Lavender Brown has decided that Ron is the one for her, only she hadn't counted on Romilda Vane's chocolates! And then there's Hermione, simmering with jealousy but determined not to show her feelings. As romance blossoms, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

Since everyone and their moms are reviewing this movie, I'll keep mine short and sweet. I went and watched this movie on opening day. It wasn't too crowded but it was pretty full.

I loved this movie. It's been a while since I read the books so I don't remember exactly what was kept and left out. I do know two important scenes were left out. Which was a bummer but I didn't miss them. I did wish they expanded more on who the half blood prince was.

As for everything else, I loved it. Loved the teenager hormones. Loved watching Harry and Ginny. My heart went out to Hermione when she saw Lavender kiss Ron. It was sweet Harry went and comforted her.

My favorite movie of the year so far.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Glad you liked it Isabel! I'm going to check it out when the crowds aren't as big. And probably when I'm not on-call.

Post a Comment