Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist  

Posted by: ~ames~ in , , ,


From Yahoo! Movies:

Nick frequents New York's indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and playing the bass with his queercore band, The Jerk Offs. Norah is questioning pretty much all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band's secret show and ends up becoming a first date that could change both their lives.

Starring: Michael Cera, Kat Dennings, Ari Graynor, Rafi Gavron
Running time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Rating: PG 13

I went to see this over the weekend with 4 teenagers. I knew this would be a movie we would all enjoy and I wasn't wrong. Nick and Norah's infinite playlist was cute cute cute!!

So Nick is sad and heartbroken that his girlfriend of six months, Tris, has broken up with him. He keeps making her mixed cds of all these cool songs and giving them to her. Meanwhile, Tris is making fun of him and throwing the cds away. But her frenemy, Norah, likes the mixes and keeps his cds. Later on during Nick's "personal day" (lmao! I love he applies work terms to high school, Nick so rocks) anyway, Nick's friends stop by to pick him up for his gig. But he declines saying he needs a mental health day (HA!) but when his friends tell him Where's Fluffy is supposedly going to doing a secret gig later on that night, Nick changes his mind and goes out with his friends.

*side note: I totally loved Nick's friends. They are these two gay teenagers that were actual thought out characters that added to the story. I loved them!! end side note*

So meanwhile, back at the girls' school that Tris and Nora attend, their friend (the one friend these two girls have in common, they can't really stand each other but they both like this one girl) Caroline tells Norah about Where's Fluffy and Norah is a huge fan of this band. So they all decide to go out.

Am I just rambling with this summary or what? LOL

SOOOOO, to make a long story short, Norah kisses Nick in front of Tris because Tris is saying Norah doesn't have a boyfriend. Then Nick wants to pick Norah's brain cuz he figures she knows all about Tris but while they end up hanging out, Nick's feelings change and he becomes enamored of Norah. But Norah has an ex-boyfriend and Tris gets jealous and tries to get Nick back. Who's a guy to pick?

It's a really funny movie, which I can't really explain in my summary. But if you want some good laughs and just want a straight up teen comedy with no crazy sex shenanigans, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is the movie for you. B+

Also, I'm planning on seeing this when it hits the cheap theaters. Then I'm gonna buy it. I love it that much. LOL

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

I want to see this one too! It looks cute.

I really enjoyed N&N. It was a good adaptation of the book. But I still like the book a lot better. You should check it out, it's a YA book of the same name by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.

-Mollie

It is Izzy. LOL

Mollie - I'll definitely check out the book. But another reason why I like the movie is the actors. I'm a MC fan and Kat Dennings is definitely someone to keep an eye out for.

there were some awkward moments in this movie that were hard to get over... like every time that gum was passed around, yuck

Movie fan - that gum was a character in and of itself. LOL But I agree, there were some real "ewww, I can't believe she did that" moments.

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Post a Comment