Movie Review: Jumper  

Posted by: Rowena in , , , ,


Starring: Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell.
Rating: PG-13
Grade: C

A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them.

This is another movie that I saw while Grace was here in L.A. with me. We wanted to see this movie and Step Up II and we got to see both...we both loved Step Up II: The Streets but when it came to this movie, we were confused as to if we liked it or not. Grace thought that it started off pretty slow and I thought the ending sucked, but the movie as a whole wasn't ...bad, per se, just ...it could have been better. The storyline was good, it had the potential of being something really great but it kind of let us down.

One thing that didn't let us down was how good Hayden looked in this movie. That boy is fine. I never paid much attention to him as I'm not a big Star Wars fan and I haven't seen any of his other movies but this movie sure did make me sit up and take notice.

Hayden Christensen is HAWT!

Rachel Bilson is a cutie in this movie, they look good together and though they will never be a Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson kind of couple to me (all cutesy and crap) I thought they did well together in this movie.

Hayden kind of irritated me with all of his breaking and entering crap, the way he thought he was invincible got on my hot damn nerves and when Samuel L. Jackson came after him time and time again, scaring the crap out of him...I couldn't help but think, THATS WHAT YOU GET!

I liked that Rachel and Hayden ended up together at the end but with Hayden's Mom and everything, I kept thinking, THATS IT, THATS FRICKIN IT!!!! It pissed me off but whatever, the movie isn't something that I'd pay to see again but I'm not neccessarily mad that I paid $10.50 to see ...it's no 27 Dresses though, that's for sure.

The British, Scottish, Irish guy that's in this movie, the other Jumper was a laugh a minute. I loved that guy and I was pissed for him when Hayden done ruined a lot of his crap, when he led Sam and all of his bad guys over to his lair, I was pissed off for Griffin!

But as a whole, this movie was just meh...don't rush out to the theaters to watch this but catch it on DVD or netflix it and you'll see what I mean.

Meh.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

My sis' opinion of this movie was pretty much the same as you... it's a bit sad, cos I wanted it to see it... but not anymore.

Glad I read your review before I paid full price to see this. I love Hayden ...(Did anyone see Awake?) so now I'll just wait till it goes to the cheap theater!

Thanks for the review. I wasn't going to see it anyway.

Nath,

I'd wait for it to come out on DVD...I wouldn't pay the $11 to see it in the movie.

Mollie,

I haven't seen Awake, was it good?

Teena,

You're welcome, don't see it..wait for it to come out on HBO or on DVD.

Sorry babe, I knew you wanted to do a joint review on this one and Step Up 2. My fault, my schedule is crazy atm with my new job. Hopefully we can do joint review on another movie. :)

Anywho, onto this movie review...my thoughts are pretty much on par with you. There was just something off in this movie. It moved a little slow at the beginning, and then it felt like they could have put in a chunk somewhere between the middle-end to make it fuller and more "believeable", I guess, for lack of a word to use.

But it wasn't a complete loss...Hayden sure looked really good in this movie. ;)

My brothers are all fired up to see this. I do not want to take them now. LOL

Post a Comment