Movie Review: Juno  

Posted by: ~ames~ in , ,


Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Olivia Thirlby, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman

My Grade: A

Movie description from Yahoo! Movies: Juno is a whip-smart teen confronting an unplanned pregnancy by her classmate Bleeker. With the help of her hot best friend Leah, Juno finds her unborn child a "perfect" set of parents: an affluent suburban couple, Mark and Vanessa, longing to adopt. Luckily, Juno has the total support of her parents as she faces some tough decisions, flirts with adulthood and ultimately figures out where she belongs.

Am I ever glad I finally got to see this movie the other night. It's definitely as good as people say it is. That's always a good thing. LOL

It was funny, but it also had its touching moments, which didn't make me cry or anything. (Some, who have cried during a particularly poignant scene, stared at me aghast when I told them I didn't cry. Whatev, as Juno would say. haha)

The movie opens up with Juno drinking 3 big jugs of Sunny D so she can take her 3rd pregnancy test (hilarious beginning to a movie, btw, with Dwight making an appearance). What follows is her dealing with it, telling the dad, her best friend, and finally her parents. All of these characters are hilarious in their own way. Some would say I have an affinity for Juno's step-mom, Brenda. If you see the movie, you'll know why, but really, Allison Janney is soo funny. She's got a good scene when she verbally abuses an ultrasound technician. Haha! Anyway, Juno also finds prospective parents for her unborn child (whom she finds in the Pennysaver beside the exotic birds ads) who have their own problems and Juno is kind of the catalyst for those too.

Really, go see this movie. It's funny, touching, and its great seeing good actors in a good movie, acting well. LOL Good soundtrack too.

This entry was posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

I can't wait to see this. I think I"m going to hold out a little longer and catch it at the cheap theater though.

Understandable. :P I'm going to see it again in the cheap theaters too.

My brother in law told me I would like this one. I really want to see but have to wait for it on netflix. Dumb joey doesn't want to go.

Isabel, my sons and husband weren't interested either. The sons got dragged by girlfriends and hubby by me. They are all converts because this movie is so darn smart, clever, and funny.

I thought this was a really cute movie and I loved the soundtrack!

Isabel-I think Joey would like this movie. It's really funny. See Rosie's comment. LOL

Teena- Me too!

Rosie - Did you cry? I didn't cry.

Cry? I don't remember crying and I cry at just about everything. Maybe I teared up at the ending you know the framed message etc. Also as adoption is such a huge part of our life this movie felt really personal.

Dude, I SO want to see this movie FOR real!

I REALLY wanna see this. My little brother said it was awesome. I thought it left the theaters already though?? I'll have to double check. If it hasn't, well I guess I've got plans Friday night!

Rosie-I was touched by the story, but not to tears. Maybe I'm dead inside? (LOL Thinking of Chandler from Friends) There have been quite a few adoptions in my family - and the nature of my work is all about that.

Ro-Let's see it together!! LOL

CSR-It's still in the theaters here in Canada. I'm not sure how long it's been out though.

Post a Comment