Movie Review: Step Up 2, The Streets  

Posted by: Rowena in , , ,


Starring: Rob Hoffman, Channing Tatum, Briana Evigan, Cassie, Adam G. Sevani.
Rating: PG-13
Grade: B+

When rebellious street dancer Andie lands at the elite Maryland School of the Arts, she finds herself fighting to fit in while also trying to hold onto her old life. When she joins forces with the school's hottest dancer Chase to form a crew of classmate outcasts to compete in Baltimore's underground dance battle The Streets, she ultimately finds a way to live her dream while building a bridge between her two separate worlds.

While Grace was in the states, the #1 thing on our list of things to do was on February 14th, we were to see Step Up 2: The Streets. Having been Step Up junkies because of the delicious Channing Tatum, we definitely made time to see this movie.

And it was fantastic!

We saw this movie the night we left for Vegas and we caught the very last showing of this movie and I'm so glad that we went to see it because the dancing in this movie was off the chains good! Rob Hoffman, though he doesn't compare to Channing Tatum in hotness did a fantabulous job dancing his way into my heart in this movie. There was no doubt in my mind that Rob can dance, not only did he do a good job with the street dancing but he also did a great job with the technical dancing at MSA.

The storyline in this movie sucked, I mean it wasn't really much of a storyline...Andie is a trouble child who's mother died when she was young and she's got issues with her guardian and her guardian has had it with Andie antics and is going to send her to Texas to live with her real family and I'll give it to her that she can dance but I didn't think she was the best dancer ever...Jenna Dewan can take her in a dancing battle, I think.

That scene in the beginning of the movie when Channing Tatum comes back and battles her to get her act together, he annihilated her! That fool clowned her and made her look dumb! He came back and owned his title of dance king...goodness, I loved it!

I hecka enjoyed this movie. I enjoyed the dancing most of all. The dance battles, the dance crews and just all of the dancing was on point and I loved the crew from MSA. My favorite was Moose, that little skinny fool got down and he cracked me up right from the first moment we met him. When Andie used him to lie to Chase and he messed that whole thing up, making Andie look like an idiot, I was laughing my butt off. When that fool showed Andie how good he can dance, I was loving it. I just effing loved him.

I loved watching the MSA Dance Crew meet and then form a crew, practice and then bond. It was good stuff.

And I've gotta say that ending number that MSA did outside smashed on the first movie's last number. I'm talkin' the MSA Street Crew put Nora's crew to sleep. Andie and her band of brothers was off the chains and that last dance number made me want to start my own crew! haha.

I loved seeing Jabbawockeez (Grace, OUR DANCE CREW! You gotta watch their latest routine on YouTube, they were off the chains with their Lean Wit' It routine, THEY SMASHED IT!) And homedude from the Jabbawockeez is on the 410 crew and seriously, that man can dance!

I loved this movie, even though it was cheesy with all the, "Let's stick together because you're my friend" crap and then Chase's lame brother running things over at MSA crap, it was still an enjoyable movie...the dancing more than made up for all the cheese in the movie!

Should you go see this movie in the theaters? I would...AGAIN!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Oh how I LOVE this movie! Yes, the storyline sucked, but the dance movies and Chase more than made up for it!

I can't wait to own this one on DVD!

Oh and you should see me, pimping out Jabbawockees to everyone I know. LOL.

I soooo want to see Channing Tatum again. Woot. LOL

He's only in it for a few minutes. *sigh* But he's still good for those few minutes. LOL.

I suggest watching She's the Man, right after, so you have your CT quota for the day. ;)

Post a Comment