Why Did I Get Married?  

Posted by: ~ames~ in ,


Starring: Tyler Perry, Janet Jackson, Sharon Leal, Jill Scott, Denise Boutte
Running Time: 1 hour 58 minutes
Grade: B

Movie Description from Yahoo! Movies: When eight married college friends reunite for their annual retreat in the snowcapped mountains of Colorado, they come expecting fun and relaxation, but get a completely unexpected surprise. Career-driven Dianne and her supportive, but fed-up husband, Terry, are joined by popular psychologist and best-selling author Patricia and her architect husband Gavin, who share a secret tragedy that finally comes to light, while Angela and Marcus argue constantly, but remain in love. Also in attendance is their good friend Sheila, a sweet woman with a distorted self-image stemming from weight issues that are exacerbated by her emotionally abusive and philandering husband, Mike. Unlike any other year, this trip changes the dynamic of the group with two new additions: Sheila's supposed girlfriend, Trina, who is secretly sleeping with her husband; and Troy, an ex-Wall Street stockbroker who has put his career on hold to care for an ailing father.

I just realized the movie description is wrong at the end - Troy was in the military, but retired and is now the sheriff in the small town where the couples go vacation.

Anyway, I really wanted to watch this because of Rowena's review last year. It was very enjoyable. I also think it's Tyler Perry's best movie yet. I cried twice but I also laughed too. There's a funny scene, at the dinner table, when all the couples are sitting together and the secrets start flying out. And this one husband, he has VD and he's very worried about telling his wife, so out comes his secret, and his wife basically tells him you got it from me and he tries to strangle her! LOL It's a great tension filled scene, and that part right there was just too much! So basically the movie is about these couples and how their relationships fall apart (from a lack of communication, among other things) and how they work to make them strong again.

My favourite character was Angela, she's this loud, proud woman and she's not afraid to tell anyone like it is. I did not like Sheila's husband, Mike. What a scumbag!!

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

oh goodness I loved this movie, it was so effing hilarious but it had it's emotional parts as well, it was a good mix of everything...and this is my first and favorite Tyler Perry movie, my favorite character was Angela too...I loved when Marcus put her in her place and she tells the girls that it was sexy....so funny!

I saw Tyler's other movies - the Family Reunion one wasn't good, imo, but Diary of a Mad Black Woman was funny. The po-po!!

Just watched this the other night. Oh my god, i hated mike. UGH! I wanted to slap him upside the head.

I was LMAO when angela's husband thought she was trying to kill him when he saw that nice dinner waiting for him.

Post a Comment