Movie Review: Alpha Dog.  

Posted by: Rowena in , , , , ,


Starring: Justin Timberlake, Ben Foster, Bruce Willis, Emile Hersch, Sharon Stone, etc.
Rating: R, for pervasive drug use and language, strong violence, sexuality and nudity.
Grade: D

Johnny is a Los Angeles drug dealer. He comes from a good family, owns his home, several cars and enjoys partying with his friends. Johnny is 19. When his friend Jake welches on a debt, Johnny and his boys kidnap Jake's 15-year-old brother Butch and hold him as a marker. Even though Butch has numerous chances to escape, he doesn't. He's enjoying partying with them, losing his virginity and having a good time - until something goes horribly wrong.

I'm a huge Justin Timberlake fan so when this movie came out, I totally wanted to see it. I never went and saw it in the theaters but I did finally watch it after it had been out for all of like what? Two years? LOL...anyway, I'm so very glad that I didn't watch this movie in the theaters. I'm so glad that I waited until I had absolutely nothing else to watch and caught this one On Demand because I hated this movie.

Words cannot explain how much I hated this movie. It was vulgar, stupid and though the actors did a phenomenal job of making me hate them, I still hated this movie. This movie was based on a true story? That frickin' sucks. I wasn't proud of Justin's accomplishment of filming this movie, lifelong fan that I am.

I was so disgusted with myself after I watched the entire movie that I had to turn the tv off, the acting and the movie itself did it's job. It thoroughly pissed me off and it thoroughly made me wish bad things to happen to the real people who did this.

Ugh.

My grade is based on how much I liked the movie, I hated it so it gets a D. Justin Timberlake saved it from getting an F and fair or not, that's what I'm giving this movie, LOL.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

Lol. sorry you didn't like the movie. My sister saw this one when it came out. I forget if she liked it or not.

I didn't think it was that bad. I think I saw it in the theatre.

I didn't think the acting was horrible, I just hated the storyline...they kidnapped the kid, they kept him and then they killed him. I hated THAT, but the movie and the actors did a good job of making me hate it. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly or not but the movie itself wasn't bad, it's just I hated what happened in the movie too much to give it a good grade or even a decent grade.

Post a Comment