Another Show Down...  

Posted by: Rowena in , ,


...where I'm all caught up on my episodes. This past weekend, I spent Saturday doing laundry and catching up on all of my tv shows that I meant to watch but for some reason or another I didn't.

Friday Night Lights.

I don't know why I don't watch this show every week. I know that I absolutely love the show, but for some reason, I always forget to watch it. It might have to do with the fact that it comes on Friday nights but man, how can you not love to watch this show?

With characters like Matt Saracen and Tim Riggins? I mean with Matt Saracen, you've got the sweetheart of a character that you want the best for and then you have Tim Riggins who is the exact opposite of Matt in which you want him to do better...for himself because you know he's one of those bad boys with good tendencies but man you love watching him bump along life with that hard head of his.

Then there are the people who came out of the woodwork and you grew to frickin' love the hell out of...like Landry? Holy hell, who knew that guy could be such a great hero! Man, in the episode where Tyra's attacker was attacking her in the parking lot and he comes rushing out of the store to get her and gets knocked the hell down and then gets up and charges after the attacker and ...KILLS HIM!

Dude...was that not one powerful scene or what? But what's more powerful is the scene in which he tells Tyra about her dang self when she's like, "I wish you would be more like a man!" oh man when Landry put Tyra in her place and when he admits that he's in love with her and just everything about that scene had me sighing in all the right places because gosh dangit, I loved me some Landry. This season was the season of the Landry, so far he's proven to be a fantastic character on the show and he's everything that women the world over should want in a boyfriend, when they were in high school of course.

Landry rocks!

I've got my fingers crossed for something to be on and poppin' between Tim and Lyla (who has been saved this season) because hot damn they just be steamin' up the tv screen with their intense stares and their arguments over NOTHING and man, I just really hope that these two get together.

FOR real!

The whole Jason Street thing needs to hurry up and fix itself because I don't like seeing this whiny baby Jason Street (or 6 as Riggins would call him), he needs to get his miracle so that he could walk again and move the heck on with his life. I know that I'm horrible for this but did anyone else laugh like a loon when Jason threw himself overboard in Mexico? After the whole intervention with Tim and Lyla? Oh man, he looked so goofy when he was sitting there whining and I know that his whole life is turned upside down and everything he worked so hard for all his life was stripped away from him but goodness, don't you think he should get a break...bring that fools legs back guys, seriously!

The whole Matt and Julie thing...yeah I'm glad that's over because Julie has been a big great b word lately and after the whole Swede thing, yeah she's not good enough for my Matty anymore. I'm digging the whole Matt and Carlotta thing (be quiet Grace, haha) because I think it's too cute! When Matt tells Carlotta that it's over between him and his car girlfriend because he can't stop thinking about her, I was melting all over my dang room, eating up his lines...GOSH I LOVE HIM!

I'm so glad that Coach Taylor is back in Dillon, even though he's got money issues and family issues and just issues issues. His new role as Athletic Director cracks me up. Him getting sex advice from the other older coach cracks me up, him trying to deal with Matt and Julie's problems crack me up and just his whole storyline cracks me up...I love him and his wife.

The whole Julie and the English teacher thing was just...whoa. I'm not caring much about Julie these days especially since she don't help her Mom out with the baby because she's "too busy" and when she went to her Dad to tell him to talk to her Mom about the extra burdens she's under with everything, I wanted Tami to slap her again! Because when Tami slapped the poop out of her in front of the Swede, I was rollin'...that's what Julie needs, a healthy dose of ACT RIGHT!

And Tami's sister gets on my hot dang nerves, Buddy Garrity gets on my hot damn nerves but Santiago...I'm hella digging him. I can't wait to see more of him. Smash Williams and his ego needs a set down FOR real!

But overall, this is a FANTASTIC show! Why aren't you watching it? I'm pretty sure you have DVR, DVR this mug and catch up so we can dish because this is a friggin' great show and I know you won't be disappointed!

WATCH IT!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

I am not going to get sucked into another show. But that hottie bomb guy from Grey's Anatomy is in this. I lub him. :P

LOL Ween. You crack me up.

I agree with practically everything you said in this post. Except the Matt and Carlotta part. I don't know why I'm not over the moon about them as you are, there's just something about Carlotta. I seriously think its because she was an irritating character in OTH. Lame reason, I know! LOL.

But, I DO think she's better for Matt than Julie. Ugh, that girl gets on my nerves every darn week!

Ames,

Oh come on..what's one more show??? And plus, bomb guy is such the bomb guy in this show...I love Coach Taylor, but if you love him you're gonna love Matt Saracen, I promise you! WATCH THIS SHOW!!!

Then you can gush with me and Grace!

Grace,

I think that Matt's crush on Carlotta was SO CUTE! I'm so happy that they finally got together but I think eventually, him and Julie are gonna get back together, don't you think so? Ugh...I think so.

As much as I love Matty though, I heart Landry too! He needs a better girl than Tyra though, because I don't know if she for real likes him or if she likes him because of what he did for her...do you think she's all about him?

Found my way here by way of Cindy :)

I love the relationship between Coach Taylor and Tami. Matt and Landry are just maraschino cherries on top of the hot fudge sundae that FNL is. (Although I'm not thrilled that it airs on Fridays at 9pm.)

I blogged about Landry as a geek hero a while back, and I still think he rocks.

Post a Comment