Movie Review: 27 Dresses  

Posted by: Rowena in , ,


Starring: Katherine Heigl, James Marsden
Rating: PG-13, for language, some innuendo and sexuality.
Grade: B+

Jane is idealistic, romantic and completely selfless--a perennial bridesmaid whose own happy ending is nowhere in sight. But when younger sister Tess captures the heart of Jane's boss--with whom she is secretly in love--Jane begins to reexamine her "always-a-bridesmaid..." lifestyle.

So Mulu and I were really bored last night and weren't in the mood to call it a night at 11 so we caught the last showing of 27 Dresses, nevermind that we had to drive all out of our way to see it but see it, we did...and I'm so glad that we did because like Grace said, this movie was really good.

You could see Jane's need from the beginning of the mood to control everyone's big day, to be apart of everyone's big day because this girl took wedding fetishes to a new level. She was in 27 Dresses and she took care of every little detail of every wedding with ease..she was like a professional bridesmaid. She was the bomb. I don't see her finding her own mate very easy since she was basically crazy but she found her Prince Charming in the person she didn't think she'd fall in love with at all. I didn't like Edward Burns for her, for me, right from the very beginning it was all about Kevin Doyle.

He was just so great. Funny, sexy and wait, did I just call him sexy? LOL...YES! The way James Marsden played this character was just so natural and charming that you couldn' t help but fall in love with him. He cracked me up each and every time he came onto the camera, the way he was with Jane, the way he could bring a smile to her stubborn face and the way he sang that song in the bar, totally won me over. The guy is the kind of guy that all women long for. Sexy, funny, smart...he's a total dime and I WANT HIM!

I enjoyed seeing Jane and Tess fight their way to the end. Tess pissed me off with all of the lies and all of the bossing Jane around and then Jane pissed me off with her letting everyone walk all over her. I was so glad when Kevin finally told her about herself.

This movie totally won me over and I cannot wait to own it. Like Grace said in her review of this movie, this is the perfect chick flick. The perfect movie for an outing with your girlfriends and it's just what the doctor would order on a night when you need some romance in your life to give you that extra boost of hope to us single gals out there.

This movie was great, go watch it!

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

I forgot that this was out now ~ I definitely want to see this. The previews look awesome.

Great review, Wena! :-)

Hopefully I can see this soon. :P Now that both you and Grace liked it, I know I will too. :P

Surprisingly, Gord wants to see this.

Wena
See? That is why I totally heart James Marsden..err, Kevin Doyle. LOL.

Dev, you should definitely check it out. It's so cute.

Ames, LOL! Yes..schedule in this movie for this week. I want a report by the following Monday. Haha. ;)

Teena, is Gord your significant other? If so, you should totally take advantage and get him to watch this chicky flick with you, if you're interested in seeing this one. *grin*

Saw it this past weekend. Thought it was too cute! I love Katherine though...and James...yummy!

I watched it today. I loved it! I heart James marsden.

I love when they sing Benny and the Jets and when he tells her he cried like a baby. awwwwwwwww

I watched it too! i set a record, 2 movies in 3 days! i enjoyed the movie - thought it was cute. I'm not a fan of James Marsden though... I thought Katherine Heigl did a good job though.

Post a Comment