27 Dresses  

Posted by: Grace in , ,

Starring: Katherine Heigl, James Marsden
Rating: PG
Grade: A

Jane is idealistic, romantic and completely selfless--a perennial bridesmaid whose own happy ending is nowhere in sight. But when younger sister Tess captures the heart of Jane's boss--with whom she is secretly in love--Jane begins to reexamine her "always-a-bridesmaid..." lifestyle. (Yahoo Movies)

Oh gosh, where to start with this oh-so-cute movie! It had all the ingredients for a cute and sappy romantic comedy and I absolutely LOVED it! This movie had me laughing out loud, gasping in embarrassment and horror and even ready to cry my eyes out because what I was seeing on screen was hurting my heart. It was fantastic!

The movie starts off with Jane as a young girl, attending a wedding with her father and her younger sister. And right from this scene, we see how Jane begins to "take care" of everyone around her, starting with her younger sister. And it is also in this scene where we see Jane's obsession with weddings jump start.

Fastforward to the present day, and we see exactly how her obsession has grown over the years and how dedicated she is in taking care of her bridesmaid duties beyond the call of duty. It was quite exhausting, actually, watching her do what she did, to cater to every whim of the bride. She even went to the extreme of attending on two brides in the one evening.

And it's this particular evening that she meets Kevin (James Marsden).

*sigh* Oh how I heart James Marsden. Lots. He was just too bloody cute in this movie. I loved how he was the carefree easy going type of person to try and balance Jane out. I absolutely loved how he tried to insert himself into Jane's life even though she wanted nothing to do with him and his anti-marriage thoughts. LOL. And even more, I loved how he encouraged Jane to take a stand and stop prioritising everyone else and their lives over hers and her dreams..and to actually let loose and have some fun. He was just a great match for Jane all round. I heart him, did I mention that yet? Haha.

The only part I didn't like about this movie (and really, it was only a minor part) was Jane's sister, Tess. Gosh, she got on my nerves! She was just too...too much! And I hated how she just let Jane take care of her all the time and continued to lie through her teeth to keep George (Jane's boss) interested in her. Ugh. But I suppose that was apart of the plan, so I guess the writers and the actress did a good job in making the audience frustrated on Jane's behalf, huh?

All in all, this movie is a keeper for me. I watched it with my BFF last week and I totally recommend you guys do the same. It's a great chicky-la-la flick that will bring a grin to your face and a giddy feeling to your heart.

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Woohoo!! I'm looking forward to this movie lots, but it doesn't come out for me until next Friday. So you're lucky you saw it already!!

Oh I think you'll enjoy this one too Ames! Be sure to let me know what you think.

Friday isn't too far away babe! :)

Hmmm ... the coming soons for this hadn't grabbed me.

I can't wait to see this! Yesterday they had a sneak peek at the local theaters but I missed it. So, like Ames, I have to wait till Friday to see it!!!!!!

hmmm, maybe I should take my sis to go see it. great review, Grace!

Post a Comment